Friday, May 15, 2009

Finally A Well Deserved Trip

Have you ever been asked a question and been at a loss to answer? A great teacher I listened to once told me much about myself by the following question: “Have you ever thought before a long anticipated journey that the ultimate end of the journey brings you right back home…so why leave home at all? How does one answer that question? Likely you will think, "why for the fun adventure of it all". I thought that too and also wondered another question: Why is it that so many people I know of would see the logic of the question and choose to stay in their comfort zone and remain at home?

Well, the day I realized the ways in my own life that I would ever answer a question like that with “I’ll just stay home” changed the course of my life. I suddenly assumed a new role: captain of the metaphorical ship of my destiny. The question was a pointer to a larger conundrum of existence; the question many a man, woman and child has asked oneself, the ultimate question of “why am I here”.

The question refers to the purpose of the matter of life. What is my purpose? What is the purpose of the trip, of the life? If I am not alive, then I am alive and then not alive again, why not just stay home?

The question the teacher asked was about the tendency of many people to get so caught up in the goal of the matter that they forget that life is in the journey. Life’s purpose is to be joyous on the path toward your goal. Then after achieving the goal we can set a new one! When we lose the love and joy of the “mundane details” that make up life’s journey then one day look back (if we are lucky/smart enough) we will realize (if lucky/smart) that we have become that fearful person who chooses to stay at home and let life pass by on the outside.

The purpose of the trip of a lifetime is joy and freedom and growth while staying present on the path and expectant of the destination. If you can see the big picture with the end result in mind then trust all the details will work out perfectly. If you get mired in details (who, how, what, why, when) then having faith can mean the difference between getting stuck in the cubicle cell of your mind or the abundant freedom that careful planning can achieve. Bet on the latter and act from faith in the universe. And by God and all that is let the good times roll.

Shawn of Hypno-freedom.com

Copyright 2009. If you would like to reproduce the content contained in this article, please reference: http://www.hypno-freedom.com.

No comments: