Thursday, November 15, 2007

Two Perspectives Converge

Dr. John Gray in his book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, points out ways in which men and women express themselves and bring their creativity to life. Men and women need different things in order to fully ground their unique energy that courses through their veins and interacts with the physical world. Women thrive on nurturing and closeness to friends, loved ones and their own feelings while men move with confidence when the emotions of competition, commraderie and physicality are expressed.

Personal growth within the synergistic relationship with my partner Kim has been an enlightening experience. Dr. Gray's words and ideas unfold before my eyes in my relations with Kim in a series of ever expanding "aha" moments. When she and I have had time to express ourselves as a man and a women we come together invariably stronger.

I participated in a class tonight that allowed me to express the innate needs that I have as a man...Jiu Jitsu. Many a female reader would laugh and think that a man's needs include rolling around on the floor in funny pajamas with other men while the male reader will likely understand that the movement, skill and application of technique and leverage are just what a man needs to fully know himself.

When I arrived home Kim was in the kitchen cleaning and in her ever selfless fashion thinking how nice it will be for me to come home to a clean house. She was in selfless service to her nurturing instincts while I through physical exertion came home in a state of harmonic bliss. Both she and I were centered in ourselves, grounded and grateful that we each had the time to be a women and a man.

And just like that Dr. Gray's book popped into my consciousness as the perfect unfolding of the male/female dynamic occurred before my eyes. I had conquered complacency through hard outward exertion and Kim created a warm sanctuary for her conquerer to come and rejuvenate. In our respective states of bliss, although we arrived from different perspectives, we found each other very appealing. Like attracts like yes! And when we celebrate our differences only then can we know how alike we really are!

Shawn of Hypno-freedom.com

Go to “Life Changing Stress Relief Tips and Techniques from the Masters” to opt-in for a fun and relaxing interview with John Gray on November 19, 2007!

Copyright 2007. If you would like to reproduce the content contained in this article, please reference: http://www.hypno-freedom.com.

No comments: